Tuesday, November 14, 2006

About Scarred Hearts

What is "Scarred Hearts"?

Everybody suffers a heart break once in their life. There has been that one person that we have loved with all our heart and has not returned that love. When you wake up to that reality you feel like your world has shattered. You feel like you will never love that way again. You ask yourself why is this happening to me? Am I not good enough? What's wrong with me? Some may get through the aftermath of a heart break while others unfortunately do not manage to overcome their griefs.

Scarred Hearts is an anonymous, ongoing community where people post stories, poems, pictures, paintings and drawings about how they have been unlucky in love, how their hearts have been broken, what they have done to heal their hearts and the scars left by their broken hearts, hence the name "Scarred Hearts".

The story behind "Scarred Hearts"

In june 2005, my first love left me after being 4 years together, without any words, nothing. This destroyed my life completely. I lost my job and failed a crucial exams which was a turning point in my life. I started "drinking to drown my sorrow" and became an insomniac. I even had thoughts of committing suicides but fortunately I managed to pull through. Since then, I have come across many lovers in the same condition as me. I was inspired by Post Secret to start a somewhat similar blog but this one will be devoted to lovers with broken hearts only, hoping they will find a way to heal their broken hearts here. This blog is managed by myself and two other heart broken friends.

How can I contribute to "Scarred Hearts"?

If you want to submit your stories, poems, pictures, paintings and drawings then please mail it to:

stingmyheart@gmail.com

For your pictures, paintings and drawings, please upload it to Photobucket or ImageShack and send us the link by email.

Note: The emails will be deleted right after their contents have been posted to preserve the identity of the person and no names will be cited in the posts. Rest assured that every person who sends us mail will be anonymous.

When will my stories be online?

We are 3 friends working together, so we hope to be able to post them daily. In case you do not see the content of your mail, please keep in mind that we are doing our best to update the posts and that the number of emails keep increasing. So please bear with us.

Legal Notice

By submitting information to "Scarred Hearts", you grant "Scarred Hearts" a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to that information at its sole discretion, including storing it on "Scarred Hearts" servers and incorporating it in other works in any media now known or later developed including without limitation published books.

If you do not wish to grant "Scarred Hearts" these rights, it is suggested that you do not submit information to this website. "Scarred Hearts" reserves the right to select, edit and arrange submissions, and to remove information from the "Scarred Hearts" website at any time at its sole discretion.

No information from this site may be used for any purpose without expressed written authorization.

No comments: